- Cesare, Nina and Jennifer Branstad. 2017. “Mourning and Memory in the Twittersphere.” Mortality 2(2).
- Cesare, Nina, Emma Spiro, Hedwig Lee and Tyler McCormick. 2016. "Examining Community Policing on Twitter: Precinct Use and Community Response." Eighth International Conference on Social Informatics, SocInfo 2016, Bellevue, Washington, November 15-17.
- McCormick, Tyler, Hedwig Lee, Nina Cesare, Ali Shojaie and Emma Spiro. 2015. "Using Twitter for Demographic and Social Science Research: Tools for Data Collection and Processing." Sociological Research and Methods: 1-32
- Foot, Kirsten, Amoshaun Toft and Nina Cesare. 2015. "Developments in Anti-Tracking Efforts: 2008-2011." Journal of Human Trafficking 1(2): 136-155.
- Cesare, Nina, Hedwig Lee, Tyler McCormick, Emma Spiro and Emilio Zagheni. 2016. "The Promises and Pitfalls of Using Digital Traces for Demographic Research" Demography. Manuscript in preparation.
Work in Progress:
- Cesare, Nina, Christan Grant, Jared B. Hawkins, John S. Brownstein, and Elaine O. Nsoesie. "Demographics in Social Media Data for Public Health Research: Does it matter?" Available in the proceedings of the 2017 Bloomberg Data for Good conference.
- Cesare, Nina. Christan Grant, Hedwig Lee, Quynh Nguyen and Elaine O. Nsoesie. "Detection of User Demographics on Social Media: A Review of Methods and Recommendations for Best Practices." Available on arXiv.